12 November 2022 | Meron Roastery
Horea st., no.5, Cluj-Napoca
Transylvania Brewers Cup has the purpose of reuniting the baristas and the coffee lovers, and also to discover amazing coffees and skilled baristas. The competition also represents an opportunity to learn more about the specialty coffee industry, farmers, coffee processing methods, and technology.
Rules and Regulations & Scoresheets
- The competition has one Final Round.
- The Final Round consists of one Open Service presentation per competitor.
- Competitors will be evaluated by three (3) sensory judges. Additionally, a head judge will be present, and the head judge will not taste the cups served. The head judge will evaluate overall workflow and technical uniformity in Open Service. These items will count towards the final score.
- During each Service, competitors will prepare and serve three (3) individual and separate beverages, one for each sensory judge.
- Competitors may utilize any set of brewing devices of their choosing, so long as they qualify according to the definitions in these Rules (see the relevant section below).
- Competitors will have five (5) minutes of Setup Time.
- Competitors may utilize any Whole Bean Coffee of their choosing and will have ten (10) minutes of Competition Time to prepare and serve their beverages with an accompanying presentation.
- All three beverages within each competition service must be prepared using the same whole bean coffee.
- Competitors may produce as many beverages as they like during their competition time. Only the beverages served to the judges will be evaluated.
What the Judges are Looking for in a Brewers Cup Champion
- Prepares brewed coffee beverages of exemplary quality.
- Delivers outstanding customer service.
- Can articulate the taste experience offered by their brewed coffee beverages.
- Delivers an exceptional overall coffee service experience.
Registration fee: 70 lei/pers
- 2000 LEI cash Meron
- The new Comandante Trailmaster X25 Grinders
- 3 surprise boxes from Comandante
- 2 Aeropress
- 5 drippers Rainforest Meron
- 3 drippers Etkin Design
- 1 Acaia Scale
- Bialetti – Moka Express 6tz Set Black + 2 Cups
- Bialetti – Moka Express 3tz Set Black + 2 espresso cups and saucers
- Bialetti French Press Smart 1l Black
- 1 voucher 300 lei Barshaker
- 15 premium cups with recycled coffee grounds, the Weducer Cups Refined
Head Roaster Kawa, Paris
AST and cofounder of Etkin
Head of Coffee, WatchHouse London
Rules and Regulations & Scoresheets
Code of conduct
All attendees, judges, sponsors, and volunteers at Transylvania Brewers Cup are required to agree to the following code of conduct. We, as organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
The Quick Version
Transylvania Brewers Cup is dedicated to providing a harassment-free competition experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of competition participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any event venue, including talks, workshops, parties, social media, and other online media.
Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the competition without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers.
The Less Quick Version
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the competition staff immediately. Competition staff can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded badges(Transylvania Brewers Cup CREW).
Competition staff will be happy to help participants contact local security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at the event and competition-related social events.