Meet Vlad from Meron Platinia, or Dutzu as friends call him. He is our today’s guest answering Espress(o) Questions. An express interview with our People of Meron behind the bar, that you can read just as fast as it takes to extract an espresso. Enjoy!
2. How long have you been in the specialty coffee industry? For 3 years.
3. 3 attributes that describe you as a human being:
extroverted, sociable & very optimistic
4. 3 attributes that describe you as a barista: organized, careful down to the smallest details & adaptable
5. Top 3 favorite verbs that talk about you: to be (sincere), to communicate, to feel
6. I am very good at: being myself, what you see is what you get
7. The natural talent you are gifted with is: sharing happiness and good vibes.
8. I would love to learn to:
To accept and control my emotions…
9. What is the nicest compliment you have received as a barista?
I love when you brew my coffee.
10. Espresso or Pour Over: Espresso
11. What is non-negotiable when it comes to brewing coffee?
The desire to extract the best from coffee.
12. Funniest request from a guest was…
There are so many that it’s hard for me to choose one😂
13. When you’re not a barista, you are…
When I am not at work I allow myself to be more dreamier, while I keep my feet on the ground.
14. What would you like people to understand better about what it means to be a barista?
When you’re behind the bar you want to offer the guests a complete experience from the coffee you brew to the way you make them feel.
15. When and where are you the happiest?
I think happiness has no place or date… Try to see the good in everything, and you will always be happy