Meet our team through this Espress(o) Questions. Read this express interview with our People of Meron behind the bar, which you can read, just as fast as it takes to pull a perfect shot of espresso. Enjoy!
Today’s guest: Mishu from Meron Vivo.
1. Age: 33.
2. How long have you been in the specialty coffee industry?: 2 and a half years.
3. 3 attributes that describe you as a human being: calm, wise, disciplined.
4. 3 attributes that describe you as a barista: skillful, quality over quantity, methodical.
5. Top 3 favorite verbs that talk about you: to know, to do, to be.
6. I’m very good at: many things, it depends on the circumstances. Do you have enough time? *laughts*.
7. I would love to learn to…to write in Chinese.
8. What is the nicest compliment you have received as a barista? I take it as a compliment every time when the people around me appreciate the way I brew coffee and the way I prepare the non-coffee drinks.
9. Espresso or Pour Over? Both.
10. What is non-negotiable when it comes to brewing coffee? Never deliver a bad product.
11. Funniest request from a guest was……coffee with breast milk.
12. When you’re not a barista, you are…… I’m still the same person, the same Mişu.
13. What would you like people to understand better about what it means to be a barista? A barista is not a vending machine, but a person who has knowledge about the coffee industry and about what he offers you in the cup.