This month we celebrate and honor the #womenofmeron, the ones that help us share the passion for specialty coffee in the communities we belong to. Today’s guest is Livia, the manager of #MeronZalau.
She’s here to answer our Espress(o) Questions, an express interview about the life behind the bar, that you can read just as fast as it takes to extract an espresso.
1. Age: 37
2. How long have you been in the specialty coffee industry? For about 6 years now, but I have learned much more in the past year since working with Meron.
3. 3 attributes that describe you as a human being: Honest, friendly, reliable.
4. 3 attributes that describe you as a barista: Passionate, enthusiastic, well mannered.
5. Top 3 favorite verbs that talk about you: to be present, to share, to discover.
6. The natural talent you are gifted with is: Attention to detail.
7. I would love to learn to…Speak perfectly French.
8. What is the nicest compliment you have received as a barista? ‘I love to see a smiling face every morning, makes my day’.
9. Espresso or Pour Over? Espresso.
10. What is non-negotiable when it comes to brewing coffee? Serve the coffee straight away, I can not drink a coffee that sat longer than 5 min after being prepared.
11. Funniest request from a guest was…Draw their faces in a cup.
12. When you’re not a barista, you are…. An auntie, a friend, and a traveler.
13. What would you like people to understand better about what it means to be a barista? All the work and knowledge that is being put behind a cup of coffee.
14. When and where are you the happiest? When I hit the road.