1. Age: 24
2. How long have you been in the specialty coffee industry?
2 years and 6 months
3. 3 attributes that describe you as a human being:
charming, funny, talkative
4. 3 attributes that describe you as a barista
careful, friendly, a ray of sunshine
5. Top 3 favorite verbs that talk about you
to share, to feel, to love
6. The natural talent you are gifted with is:
People. My talent is connected with people. They are my source of inspiration. My mother tells me that I am a “guardian angel” for human souls, because in every situation I like to know that once they leave, my smile and kindness go with them.
7. I would love to learn to …
…love myself even in the hardest days and control my mind better than my emotions.
8. What is the nicest compliment you have received as a barista?
I appreciate every word that everyone is saying to me. But the nicest compliment I received as a barista is “You’re the reason that I’m coming here”. To me, words are really powerful and I have a weakness for them because one true kind word can change someone’s day. I’m that someone.
9. Espresso or Pour Over
I like both of them. But if you really know me, you know that Brew is my true love.
10. What is non-negotiable when it comes to brewing coffee?
The product I am giving to people. Some of them ask us to do a product differently than what we have on the menu. I like to follow the rules, especially when it comes to coffee. Coffee is like a close friend to me who has a story behind, like all of us. A special, interesting and unique one which deserves to be heard. I like to get the best out of it.
11. Funniest request from a guest was…
– Hello, I would like an espresso double.
– Sure, with Ethiopia or with Panama?
– Something…for the evening.
12. When you’re not a barista, you are…
An artist playing with photography and poetry. Since I was a kid I was attracted by art in all of her forms. I’m trying to combine these two things. To write poetry about my pictures. It’s my safe place. I’m also a good listener. I love the fact that people are so open with me and I appreciate that confidence. Makes me feel like I’m their safe place. Not to forget, when it comes to parties and shots, I’m one of your best drinking buddies. Let me just put my 90’s romanian songs.
13. What would you like people to understand better about what it means to be a barista?
Like I said, it’s all about the story and the work behind. It’s very important to understand that us, the people behind the bar are not delivering just a coffee. We are delivering a feeling. People need to start appreciating the tiny details.
14. When and where are you the happiest?
I’m usually happy everywhere and anytime. But when I’m going home, all of me knows that that is the place where I’m truly happy and myself.