COLOMBIA EL PLACER
Explore the tasting notes of a single origin specialty coffee sourced from Colombia freshly roasted in our coffee lab, at Meron Roastery. Here is some cool info about the coffee and the farm.
The “El Placer” Farms Project begins with Sebastian Ramirez who is a 4th generation coffee producer in his family. His experience managing the farm of his family and working with coffee for more than 14 years, allowed him to develop his project in Quindio and Huila.
The innovation in post-harvest coffee processes and the standardization of processes have generated consistency in our cups, thus guaranteeing the quality of our clients. Using yeasts and lactic bacteria cultivated by their fermentations team provides unique cups: Aroma, Fragrance, Acidity, and Body. We have very exotic varieties such as Sidra, Gesha, Pink Bourbon, Yellow Bourbon, Red Bourbon, SL-28, Wush Wush, and Laurina.
About the coffee
The processing method:
- It consists of double fermentation.
- The first fermentation can vary in hours depending on the profile we are
- looking to generate in the cup and the variety of coffee we are processing.
- The coffee cherries are pulped and put in the tank with the mucilage for a second fermentation.
- For the second fermentation, CO2 is injected in order to effectively control the final fermentation.
- After the second fermentation, the coffee beans are taken to the washing area and the mucilage is partially removed to pass to the African beds for drying.
Take a look at the cup profile:
Country of origin: Colombia
Farm/Farmer: El Placer / Sebastian Ramirez
Proc. Method: White Honey
Tasting notes: Melon, Acacia Flowers, Plums, Eucalyptus, White Grapes
Experience the amazing specialty coffee at home. Order your favorites online from our shop.